Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cleaning Green

I have discovered this past week the power of baking soda. I am in the process of trying out various recipes using baking soda. The first one is a recipe that cleans tile grout . I want to use it at the salon I work in. The building use to be a restaurant and it is made with tan shiny grouted bricks.. Not our first choice for decor but since we can't change it we need to try to clean it up. I was browsing the net looking for a solution to fix the problem without all the toxic chemicals and this is what I found:
   

Tile and Grout Paste
1 cup water and 3 cups baking soda mixed into a paste. Use a toothbrush to scrub the paste into grout.

The net has so much to offer in the way of natural and may I say cheap alternatives  to the standard  Clorox, Soft Scrub and Comet we are use to using. Not all "Green " cleaners are chemical free and are still harmful My goal is to publish a new web site with cheap eco-friendly ideas and recipes to clean green using thing in your pantry. If you discover a site, book, magazine, or have some advise of your own please share by posting a comment in the comment section of this blog.

On http://greenlivingideas.com/topics/eco-home-living/housecleaning/natural-cleaning-recipes  there is even a recipe for pampering you tired hands naturally.

4 comments:

  1. I've used baking soda for different things over the years and it does wonderous things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's also good in laundry. you should do a day about laundry too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually like the taste of baking soda. yes. don't judge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winn, I would never judge you!! Amber, I was thinking of tryig out some different laundry solutions too. Melissa, share some of the things you have used baking soda for I am always looking for more uses.

    ReplyDelete