Friday, October 2, 2009

Gotta love Garage Sales!!

The girls didn't have school and I took the day off work today so we decided it would be fun to go garage saleing in Davenport/Bettendorf. There went the idea of actually getting to sleep in. My friend Tammy and I  took the girls and left at 8 :30 this morning rearing to go. The weather didn't like us much as it was raining and a high of 47 degrees made it even better but we were die hards.
Dakota (my 11 yr old) found the first bargain of the day. She bought a new never worn jacket for $15.00       ( this jacket normally sells for $40-$50).
 The next find was a like new / hardly used Craftsman Miter Saw and stand for $70.00. My gut told me Terry would kill me if I bought it but I called and woke him up to tell him about it. Much to my surprise he said "BUY IT". The nice man while taking it apart told me he bought if for a project and hasn't used it since and he paid almost the $70.00 for the stand alone. Wow what a deal..
Ashley's (my 15 yr old) find was a gently used bridesmaid dress she wanted for a Halloween costume for $5.00. My friend Tammy's find was a Longaberger (sp?) (can't afford to look at them) basket for $20.00 I am assuming it was worth $50.00 at least.
Needless to say I am now loving the "Hunt" for good cheap stuff.  Call me crazy but today was the best day..

1 comment:

  1. dude, i love finding old stuff. personally I like antique shopping. if you ever come to visit me I'll take you around. we have some cool places.

    ReplyDelete