Sunday, October 18, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month!!

So today I was reading one of my fave blogs and the subject was pink. When I think of pink the first thing that come to my mind is sweet smelling baby girls. Then my mind wonders to the whole pink and brown craze, and then I am reminded that Pink is really for HOPE. Hope that one day women won't have to worry that they might discover that they have that nasty unthinkable thing call Breast Cancer. I myself have never had a close call but I have 3 yes 3 wonderful, giving and accomplished women I hold near and dear to my heart that have had not one but both of their breasts removed because of breast cancer. Horrifying. I feel a mix of emotions when I think of them. The first is their courage and strength to fight and then I feel blessed to not be the one facing it..I know how selfish of me. To think that this isn't just a fight for the moment but a fight for Life..I just want everyone who reads this to take a moment and think about what "Pink" means to you..

Check out the blog of my friend Winn, http://www.wendiwinn.com/2009/10/giveaway-11.html. Her giveaway this month is a set of three of these amazing little soaps in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness! They are cute and are scented with sweet pea fragrance oil..

Thank You Winn for the awesome opportunity to make me think pink.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment